Today marked some new beginnings.
The first being that I got a job offer! I accepted but I have not heard back from the recruiter on whether this is a done deal or not.
If I did get this job, I would start December 8th. It's just 20 minutes away in the Galleria and I don't even have to get on a freeway. Plus, there is a daycare not far from the building, so I may enroll X there so I can go visit him during lunch hour.
Secondly, I put all of X's 4 ounce baby bottles away. Since he eats at least 6 ounces at every feed, obviously the 4 ounce bottles don't get the job done anymore. I broke out the new bottles, washed and boiled them. Unfortunately, I got side-tracked and melted three of the bottles while sterilizing them. boo.
I can't help but have little flash back to those middle of the night feeds in the very first week when I had to supplement with formula. Fumbling around in the kitchen at 3 a.m. trying to measure out formula and get the temperature of the milk just right.
I have started putting a lot of X's clothes into a pile for the "Next One". I shudder at the thought of having another munchkin to take care of, but one day, we will.
I am excited about the new job and finally getting back on the road to saving for a home and a new car. It just breaks my heart thinking about daycare.
I can get through this though. Just have to be a tough cookie for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment