Friday, December 19, 2008

Whirlwind 2 weeks...


Well...I thought being a new mom was difficult... I think being a working mom has been the most challenging thing yet.

I've been at my new job now for two weeks. MUD law is finally starting to make sense. I still get down on myself because I feel like I should know everything already at this point in time. My co-workers tell me not to do that to myself, but that's just who I am.

We are finally starting to get into a routine at home which is helping the whole working process become a bit easier to handle. As hard as it will be, I am going to have to learn to let my house get messy during the week and let chores go until the weekend, or else I just might burn out.

I am getting more comfortable with X's daycare situation, so I'm not worrying about him like I did last week. His teacher is wonderful and has been in childcare for 20 years. His daycare is costing an arm and a leg, but it's worth it to know he is in good hands. Plus, he is just down the street from my office!

I'm exhausted, but I have energy at the same time. Exhaustion means I'm working hard. Maybe motivated is a more fitting word.

After just two days last week, I wanted to quit and come back home and be with X, but I have to keep going, despite the obstacles that will inevitably be thrown in front of me. We are digging ourselves out of the massive hole we have fallen into with this job, and will be able to finally start achieving our dreams.

I'm surprised at how non-social I'm feeling. I guess I've been so used to baby babble that I forgot how to have adult interaction. The people at work are so friendly, but I just can't seem to take advantage of it right now. Maybe with time things will get better.

I hope time is all I need.

In baby news... X started pushing up on his tummy. It's too precious! Christmas is just 6 days away!!

No comments: